Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lighthearted

I have been long-winded lately.  Time to post some pictures.  These are from my cousin Melissa's graduation/birthday party at Lake Bloomington last Sunday.


The 'rents in a canoe

Carl catching a series of jumping children...

Ben...
Connor...Okay, catching wasn't necessary here...
Ella....Sploosh!

Cheese?


Allie

Dad and Allie (my 13-year-old cousin from Northbrook) came down for supper last night, and then we gave Allie the patented Allen Drake Tour of U of I Campus.  I haven't been on my Dad's tour for many years, but it all came back to me pretty quickly.  This is where Allen met Rita....This is where Allen and Rita had their first date....This is where Allen and Rita ate their first pizza....etc.  Haha, no, there are other very important U of I landmarks on the tour....such as the Foellinger echo spot and the Foreign Language Building, which was designed so that the supercomputer housed in the basement would be safe in the event of a nuclear attack.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment