Thursday, June 23, 2011

A good problem to have

I am blessed to know too many cool people, and I know that I should take time to hang out with them all.  Individually, when possible.  I have today and tomorrow off "work", and I am racking my brain about how to make the most of this 4-day weekend.  Of course, the racking of the brain eats up quite a bit of time in itself...

How do you know if you are an introvert or an extravert?  I have heard it said that it's based upon "from where you derive your energy".  Whatever that really means.  Some people make me feel energetic (for a while), and some people plain wear me out.  Sometimes it is peaceful and rejuvenating to be alone, and sometimes it makes me feel lonely and lethargic.  In the end, I'm probably an introvert who has learned that people and relationships enrich the purpose of life, and that God created us to be social creatures (not lone rangers) and to show His love to others.

Before college I was not a very social creature. I had a few quite wonderful friends, but rarely branched out from that comfort zone.  Having a multitude of places to go and cool people to hang out with happened very quickly when college began and was a little overwhelming.  And every year I still meet more and more cool people.  I just hope that I can be as good a friend to all these people as they have been to me.  As I said...it is a rough problem to have.  :)  I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment