Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why I have a weakness for children's board games

... Besides the obvious reasons, of course.

You see, I walk down the game aisle at Target or Wal-Mart, and little gems like this pop out at me and say, "Buy me! Buy me! I will only take up space in your storage room for the rest of your life, but if you buy me now I will provide you with a few days of FREE entertainment for your students with minimal prep time on your part! I may also provide you with a conversation topic with your friends and maybe an hour of entertainment during some random game night! You know you want me!"

And so I buy it.
And don't regret it. :)

Pop the Pig is truly a delight, and I recommend it for anyone who needs/wants to entertain children of all ages or adults who are easily amused.

Or even adults who are not so easily amused...I mean, this thing is pretty stinking cool.


...Oh yeah, and this one.

Same explanation...but for anyone who has seen or read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, no explanation should be required. :) There ARE really good questions in this game for discussion/social skills, so it really is perfect...honestly....

But besides board games, much is going on. The Dojo as a whole is being stretched and squeezed and rolled around...much like Silly Putty in the hands of the Creator. Such is life. I have an interview in the Danville area in a couple hours. I'm not exactly feeling it, as I don't have extensive experience in early intervention... but stranger things have happened I suppose. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment