Friday, April 8, 2011

...And now we wait

First job interview-- check!

And nothing unpleasant occurred. :)

There are some important things I forgot to mention, that, of course, I thought of as soon as I got home. But you'll have that...

Thomas Paine would be great, but realistically, there's a good chance I won't get it. And that would be okay. There are other options for life.

I love the daily devotional that I get in my e-mail from Dr. Charles Stanley. I especially love when it just so HAPPENS to correspond perfectly with what is going on in my life. Like today. This was the final paragraph:

God’s ways won’t always match our mindset because He works from an eternal perspective and we often see only the immediate. We must remember that His ways are best. Just think, if He had followed the disciples’ plans [referring to the disciples' preconceived notions about the Messiah's life], there would be no forgiveness of sins. Let’s drop our expectations and trust Him.

Amen.

Psalms 39 and 40 were also delightful to read this morning.

People tend to walk in a "vain show" (especially when applying for jobs, haha).....Instead, we should put our hope in the Lord and trust that he will give us the words. After all, we cannot measure how much he thinks about us or cares about us.....despite our vanity and neediness. Trust in the LORD and do His will, and SHARE with the world how he has blessed you.

Psalm 40:16 -- Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, the LORD be magnified.

And again I say, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment