Wednesday, May 11, 2011

my yea be yea

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging, but in case there was any doubt, the angel on my shoulder won the aforediscussed (nope, not a word) battle. I don't play dirty. Although, Whitney gave me some helpful, albeit belated, advice about job negotiations that I'll have to stick in my back pocket for next time. Since VASE only gave me two days to accept/decline, I should have a) bartered for more time in the first place, and b) called Rantoul, to which I had already applied, and informed them I had another job offer if they were interested in interviewing me. This is very sound advice, I think. So if any of you ever find yourselves in that position, Whit is an excellent resource! Apparently, I should have taken a few more Labor and Employment Relations courses at the U of I... :)

In other words, I have checked out of student teaching. Unfortunately, I still have two more days. Fortunately, my supervisor has checked out also. Also fortunately, we are going on a field trip to Jupiter's (the pizza/arcade place) for lunch tomorrow. SO, I think this was the last day I have to pack my lunch! Hmm, that will give me a few extra minutes in the morning...

Ha, I'm such a panz. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person??? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha I am glad to find my negotiating class is helpful, the belated part is my fault. Yes I am following your blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete