Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polyglot...

…Is a word that should be used more often. :) (One who speaks many languages, BTW.)

And that is one of the more interesting pieces of knowledge I have gleaned from my sociolinguistics class all semester (which I am sitting in right now). Haha. All right, that’s probably not entirely true…but I do love sociolinguistics as a subject and wish we had covered more useful information or something in this course...

This is my last week of class! Forever!! (?) I keep saying that over and over again to myself, hoping that at some point I will believe it. This will be a good week to rest up before I go to UMS next week, and then on to MEXICO the week after that!

This year’s Reynosa trip will be quite the adventure. It always is…but this will just be quite the trip. Maybe it’s just because last year’s trip, how do I say, had such an impact, but I have a great deal of anticipation/anxiety surrounding this upcoming spring break. Also, we’re going to hear more Chinese during the week than Spanish! …which is exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment