Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mexico Musing...

After returning from mission trips...everything seems like a blur. Some serious processing time is usually required to make any sense of anything... so commence the digestion...

I have learned a lot in this past year. I probably say that every year, and every year I suppose it's true. Just comparing last year's Reynosa excursion to last, for example... I have learned a lot. In comparing pictures of the two trips, one may think they were nearly identical... and in concrete terms, perhaps they were. (no pun intended...) After all, if something is the same, but the person experiencing the something is another year older and wiser, the something may seem different while the only real difference lies in the person's perception. It is the person that has changed, not the something. And that may have been part of the difference between the two trips...but there was more. For one example, the city was calm. There were kids in the park instead of gangs. People were smiling and walking around. People seemed to feel secure. And secure people tend to forget oh too soon how desperately they need to focus on their God. That last comment was directed more toward myself than anyone... Several of us discussed having a difficult time focusing this year, for whatever reason. But anyhow... I don't want this to seem all negative and stuff, because I really don't mean it that way. It was a great trip-- safe, fun, and blessed. Some fruit has already been shown from it, and I pray that that fruit may continue to appear and grow in the weeks, months, or even years to come.

Don't worry, for select hypothetical readers who may not be on facebook...you know who you are...I will post some pictures at a later time...

1 comment: