Friday, February 25, 2011

Lazy, Snowy Morning...er, Afternoon?

Well, despite a "snowstorm" last night (which turned out to be a light dusting, really...I'm surprised U of I didn't cancel class), the friends invited came and went. It was good. No pictures. It is a thin line to tread between being the interloper who ruins the moment with excessive flashing of the bulbs and being the all-star who captures the moment and preserves it for posterity. I'm not so confident sometimes in my ability to walk that line.

I do kinda like this picture of Amber and Whitney, though, that I took before people got here.


Today I need to get my right rear turn signal fixed. Last year I successfully fixed my own left rear turn signal, which I thoroughly enjoyed :), and I tried to do the same with the right....but it didn't work. Sad story. So I guess I'll actually take it in before we go to St. Louis tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the YG (or a portion) is going to St. Louis tomorrow. That will be fun. Tina, my convo partner is coming along, which is exciting. She is also going to Mexico with us in a few weeks (is that all??) which is extremely exciting. She had very little exposure to Christianity before she came here, and she seems to be interested (at least, for now, in the friendships that come along with Christianity). We shall see. I am glad that she will be in the U.S. for at least another year after this...maybe I will still be in town to hang out with her?...

No comments:

Post a Comment