Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lonely

I am not lonely.  I am blessed to pretty much never have that problem and more often have the "problem" of people claustrophobia (aka crowd panzishness).  However, I have been home alone this weekend (a rare occurrence) and frankly, I don't like it.

I have always known that lonely people exist, but a part of me cannot comprehend loneliness.  After all, how could someone with a big, loving family and loyal friends have a clue what that is like?  What it's like to maybe not say a word to anyone all day except for at work (if you're lucky enough to have a job), or a bank teller or grocery store cashier.  To sit at home alone with only the sound of the TV or the people you facebook stalk for company.  Night after night.  Not because it's what you really want... simply because no one is there.  Buh. 

Lonely people are everywhere, and the problem is overwhelming for oh so many reasons.  The situation begs a couple of questions.  1) Why has God given ME, with my introverted personality and many quirks, a never-ending supply of loving and supportive people, and 2) What can I do to share that love with someone who desperately needs it?

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment