Monday, April 16, 2012

JOY

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my JOY might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

If you're ever having a blah sort of a day, search the New Testament for every verse containing the word "joy".   Like so:


It's a breath of fresh air. :)

In the words of Caedmon's Call (yes, this song has been referenced here before), 
“You won’t give me something that gives me more pleasure than You.” 
 If Jesus Christ doesn’t fill me with joy, than how can I expect anything else in this world to make me truly happy?  Why would God be inclined to let something else fill me with joy if I am not allowing HIM ALONE to do so?


No comments:

Post a Comment