Monday, September 5, 2011

Turning....


On Sunday afternoon, I got to hang out briefly with one of my favorite groups of people, which I call “UIYG 1”.  It was super fun to see everyone.  Some things never change, and some things do.  This simple little thought gave me simultaneous hope and sadness for the seemingly imminent morphing/scattering of “UIYG 2” in the next year.  And “UIYG 3: The Next Generation”, is upon us…which is good to see.  Mostly.  I mean, it is good.

I went from that little gathering to my parents’ house, where I had similar thoughts about another one of my favorite groups of people…..my family.  A few things never change, but most things do...  

Shortly thereafter, I felt a strong urge to bury my head under a blanket somewhere.  From dislike of change... or from the usual over-stimulation of seeing 8 ridiculously adorable children running down a picturesque green hill wearing matching homemade capes that say "Super Cool Cousins"?  You decide. :)

Either way, having a hyper-nostalgic personality can be really exhausting at times...

2 comments:

  1. I like your thoughts Sarah... I actually wrote down something very similar the other day. Yes, change is good... I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can be hyper-nostalgic together Sarah! :)

    'Twas good to see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete