Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Mighty Fortress

Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill,
God's truth abideth still;
His Kingdom is forever.

I have never been in a situation where my life is directly threatened...certainly not for what I believe.
Still, this excerpt from "A Mighty Fortress" has always struck a chord with me.  God's truth remains.  No matter what.  It is the only thing that will remain when nothing else is left.  Therefore, it is the only thing that matters.  It certainly matters more than I do.  It matters more than my thoughts, desires, aspirations, plans.  More than my comfort, my contentment, my fears, my pain.  More than my time, my sleep, my schedule.  MORE THAN ANYTHING.

...And in that truth, I take refuge. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment