Saturday, November 26, 2011

Priorities

An important lesson that I need to learn:  I just can't please everyone.  There are numerous reasons why this is true, but for now I am thinking about callings and priorities.  God allowed me to stay living in Champaign(ish) this year.  Why?  The international student ministry, Sunday school, supporting the church and YG.  I usually think of it about in that order.  What is missing from that list?  My job.  I tend to think of my job as a means to get to stay in Champaign to fulfill my callings.  Meanwhile, I interact with 60 kids during a week and other teachers and staff....both in Rossville and at VASE, many of whom have lots of issues they are dealing with...  The needs that are present there alone are overwhelming to think about.  I do acknowledge my job as part of my calling, but it typically falls toward the end of the list.  I don't like that.  I don't like feeling like I'm not giving 100% to something that is really important.  I think I need to start praying a little harder about what my calling is, if nothing else, to reassure myself that I am on track?  ...And to remind myself that I can't be all things to all people?  Or I should I be able to be?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment