Thursday, October 20, 2011

The song of the day...

...is "You Created" by Caedmon's Call.

Here are the lyrics, because the picture is confusing:

"Who is like unto the LORD our God who dwelleth on high?...
You created nothing that gives me more pleasure than You
 And You won't give me something that gives me more pleasure than You."


 


Good lyrics, but/and they are food for thought for an over-analyzer. "You created nothing that gives me more pleasure than you, and you won't give me something that gives me more pleasure than you"?  It seems like the second line is unnecessary given the first line.  If nothing is created that can give me more pleasure, than how can it be given to me?  It does not exist. 

I thought of a few possible answers to this question...none of which were probably the author's intention, so I will spare you my interpretation.  But it is good food for individual thought. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment